Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1078 Posts in 245 Topics- by 866 Members - Latest Member: Wjamnunsub

May 28, 2017, 10:51:05 PM
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategorynewsTopic: CNMAT - Max Night School - trip report
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CNMAT - Max Night School - trip report  (Read 3464 times)
ultrajosh
Administrator
Master Striber

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »

This week I'm in Berkeley, CA attending a week-long evening workshop at CNMAT (Center for New Music and Audio Technology).  It's really been fantastic, with lecturer Ali Momeni casually throwing together mind-blowing Max patches at lightning speed, after hypnotizing everyone with delicious bbq'd chicken.

During the day, there's been a Sensor Workshop, focused on the use of conductive fabrics as sensors combined to make art and music and clothing.  It's wonderful and whimsical to see sewing machines and needles and soldering irons and laptops w/ Max/MSP all set-up side by side.

In addition to peeking in on a few of Adrian's workshops and lectures, I was also fortunate to see a few presentations:

Hannah Perner-Wilson showed off a wearable game controller vest, very futuristic looking.  The wearer gets a massage from someone with GameBoy-strengthened thumbs, because the back, neck and sides of the vest IS the controller and the button-areas align with massage points!

Jeff Lubow gave a demo on his monome 128 of some new Jitter patches and interfaces he's been working on.  He also gave a couple other presentations that I unfortunately missed.

David Wessel played a too-short demo on his experimental 32-pad input device, sending inputs blazingly fast  through Max patches.  Hopefully someone will post pics.

I presented a brief demo and explanation of the Stribe to the Sensor class.

CNMAT is now the proud curator of the White Stribe:

"Well you touch it and it makes sounds."
soundcyst
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 01:32:38 AM »

damn, that looks like a blast.

i'm curious about OSC on an inter-patch level.

and that massage-me... fucking genius!
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
Print
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategorynewsTopic: CNMAT - Max Night School - trip report
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic