Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1078 Posts in 245 Topics- by 866 Members - Latest Member: Wjamnunsub

April 27, 2017, 02:04:44 AM
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategorynewsTopic: Hours of mindless fun
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hours of mindless fun  (Read 2527 times)
ultrajosh
Administrator
Master Striber

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:51:07 PM »

Here's a demo Stretta cooked-up for me before the last Maker Faire.  I've tweaked it a bit and made it mo betta for the Stribe's new 05f firmware.

Attached is a zip of the Maker demo, and a newer version of the 05f max patch.  You need to load the 05f firmware to get this going (see previous post for download).

The new Maker patch is: Maker_Faire_stretta_02.maxpat (you'll need most of the accompanying files to be in your max path, too).

The new StribeSerial is a bit klugey, as usual, but also works with Scalar.

If I didn't have to get on a plane tomorrow at 8am I'd make a vid.  It's a nice demo, once you get the hang of it.  One-man-jazz-fusion-band.

Stripes 1, 2, & 3 control drum patterns (kick, snare, hihat).  Stripes 4, 5, 6 are three parameters of generator #1, 7 & 8 are two parameters of generator #2.

I'd like to make it easy to switch which parameters you're tweaking with the strips (now hard-coded), and add some more visual feedback.  For now only the drums make the meters bounce.  Touching the bottom of a strip should turn off that sound.  Change other generator values to experiment with scales and such.

I like to get something going then mess with the offsets to get it all synco-funky.

"Well you touch it and it makes sounds."
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
Print
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategorynewsTopic: Hours of mindless fun
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic