Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1078 Posts in 245 Topics- by 866 Members - Latest Member: Wjamnunsub

November 01, 2014, 07:10:59 AM
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategoryinfohardwareTopic: 2D PCB
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2D PCB  (Read 3571 times)
Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:47:27 AM »

Hi,
I'm involved into a controller (diy) design and I need some help.

My idea is use stribe for neck and keys (or wathever you want) for trigger notes and touch on/off to cutting audio (but maintain pitch bend adjust)

I need "visual feedback" from the position of pitchbend (last point touched) and wondering about phisical neck I think in put the left bargraphs perpendicular to right (with softpot in the middle)

I was wondering about the possibility of double sized (or two stribe linked) for better physical resolution.

One solution could be 2 stribes face to face (one of them reversed) and some coding for make them dependent.
The second solution will be the same but with one input instead two (and controlling the two stribes as one double sized bargraph display)

Sorry about triple posting but I need some help and the forums seems a bit sleepy... I love Stribe since the first time I saw it at internet and I'm very glad to get all my resources for growing concept and community.

Thanks,
Mudo
ultrajosh
Administrator
Master Striber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »

I have thought about a longer stribe, and have done some initial work to create a "stribed" cello neck.  There is a 500mm touchstrip available, which you can purchase at curiousinventor.com.

As for illuminated feedback, I see how your idea of 2 stribes end-to-end could work.  Like you said you would have to flip one of them to get them to tile together as a continuous strip of LEDs. 

It might be easier, though, to make a custom PCB for this application, or not use a PCB at all.

For instance, you could use a wood neck, drill holes, and put a sstandard LED in each hole, then wire them up from the back side and use some MAX7221 chips to light them up.  No PCB really necessary if you're willing to do a lot of soldering.  Also not necessary to have a double-strip of LEDs like the stribe has.

This is a very interesting project - please keep us posted!

"Well you touch it and it makes sounds."
curiousinventor
Administrator
Warming up the Iron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:45:44 AM »

I'd agree with Josh, that a custom pcb or a few proto boards with lots of soldering would be the best route.  Right now, there are three leds in the last block of 10 that aren't connected (just because the led bar graphs come in 10 led units, and we have 64 lights). 

Actually, you could hack saw off the end of the PCB, and put the bar graphs starting in the last active spot.  Then two stribe1s could be mounted flush to each other.  This would save a LOT of soldering time, but would require some code tweaking and some creative mounting.

We've got a lot of dud pcbs if you want to try hacking on a practice one or two... or 10.

Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »

I was wondering on it too...

The idea of two led lines is because I want to implement the neck rotation for add tremolo effect (cool eh?) and still give feedback in the 0 degree position and 45 degrees position.

I'm learning arduino at medialab (here in barcelona) and my electronics knowledge is growning (from near 0) and any help will be apreciate.

Soon I will post a draw about my concept and we could work on it altogether (my idea is make it opensource resouce project but it is a "special demanded" from a barcelona's artist)

Wink

It could be possible with stribe 500mm softpot get better "resolution"?

I will need some coding help...

xD
Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »

We've got a lot of dud pcbs if you want to try hacking on a practice one or two... or 10.

COOL! maybe I could to try with 4 of these?

Thanks again you are mellow people!

David
Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 07:49:19 AM »

Until my wait of curious inventor package I'm wondering some ideas...

If I want to "remake" the led config with regular leds instead "bargraphs", how should I wire the 64 leds?

Any link?

ultrajosh
Administrator
Master Striber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 08:01:41 AM »

I found this article to be very useful: http://www.wayoda.org/arduino/ledcontrol/index.html

"Well you touch it and it makes sounds."
Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 06:48:34 AM »

I found this article to be very useful: http://www.wayoda.org/arduino/ledcontrol/index.html

Ouyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

BIG THANKS JOSH!

Smiley

Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »

Take a look

http://www.thereminvox.com/article/articleview/95/1/20/

I have all the part for my project except led and max chips (and some pcb protos)

Tomorrow day for buy!
Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »

Hi,

I have a shield stribe 1 kit compatible with these features:

1 stribe input.
3 analog inputs.

midi out and analog output (cv?) for the stribe sensor (switchable from midi).

A little help please?

Wink

curiousinventor
Administrator
Warming up the Iron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:09:49 AM »

Hey Mudo, can you be a little more specific with what you need help on?

Mudo
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 07:12:50 AM »

I have the shields solded at least (many work, few free time).

I'm just wondering how to focus but the needs for my project are:

3 analog inputs plus stribe one.
2 or more digital inputs for control octaves and another features (I'm wondering)

Midi out (din) standalone for attach to any synth or keyboard.

That's it!

Pages: [1] |   Go Up
Print
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategoryinfohardwareTopic: 2D PCB
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic