Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1078 Posts in 245 Topics- by 866 Members - Latest Member: Wjamnunsub

September 20, 2017, 12:41:54 AM
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategoryhelpTopic: stribes not lighting up, values are sent, drop to zero when not touched
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: stribes not lighting up, values are sent, drop to zero when not touched  (Read 8514 times)
deepliferecords
Intrigued

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »

found an old copy of stribe revE which is sending values to max ok, but the lights only light up until the first time i touch the 3 stribes, then the lights turn off, the stribes still report values to max, but when i take my finger off the stribes the values fall back down to zero in max, and the lights do not light up when touched or otherwise.

please help.
curiousinventor
Administrator
Warming up the Iron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »

What are the values being sent to max before and after you touch?  We've had some problems with the touch strips breaking.  They should report low numbers (0-25 out of 1024) when not touched.

deepliferecords
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:54:54 PM »

They are not broken, they report values around
0 or 1 or 2 before touching, normal values when touched, then back down f
Back down to 0 when releasing. Lights xo not light up after initial touch but light up to 10 or so before touching.
deepliferecords
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »

Also the new maxpach is not working for me. No initial blinking light, I am setting the right port, no raw activity.
ultrajosh
Administrator
Master Striber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »

Did the lights ever work, or is this your first time using them?  Did you build these from a kit?

The touch sensor is on a different circuit than the lights, so it's good that you're getting values.  They are designed to drop to 0 when you let go, the positions are remembered in software.

The MAX7221 LED driver chips run the lights, so if those are in wrong the sensor would still work but no lights.  But the fact that they light for a second tells me the MAX7221s are probably sending a startup sequence.

"Well you touch it and it makes sounds."
deepliferecords
Intrigued

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:41:17 PM »

i figured it out, thank God.  yes, the lights had worked.  I tried the rev E match patch again with the g firmware.  I noticed that values weren't getting to the analog in, in the patch, but they got to the digital in. 

the text file was not in the same directory any longer after the hdd crash.  Put it back in the same directory, bango tango!

still can't get the new max patch on your main stribe page to work, will report back.  new music w/ stribes and monome coming soon.

curiousinventor
Administrator
Warming up the Iron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 12:01:27 PM »

Glad you got it!  Sorry we weren't more help.  The different max software versions are only compatible with particular arduino firmware, so it makes sense that it doesn't work unless you've updated both.

ultrajosh
Administrator
Master Striber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »

I have had that same issue with the calibration .txt file being missing on a new machine - it "should" work but weirdly doesn't...  Happy you figured it out!

"Well you touch it and it makes sounds."
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
Print
The Stribe Project - ForumGeneral CategoryhelpTopic: stribes not lighting up, values are sent, drop to zero when not touched
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic